What we collect?
We may collect contact information including name and email address if you contact us.
What do we do with the information we collect?
This information is transmitted via email to our team (and stored on a secure server), who use the information to deal with your query. Your information is never shared outside the Railway Industry Association team. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- To monitor members’ engagement.
If you do not wish to receive correspondence from us, you can opt out by emailing or clicking the opt out button on any newsletter received.
You have a number of individual rights relating to the processing and storage of your personal data. They are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Withdrawal of Consent, Erasure and Information Access
Please contact us using the details outlined above if you wish to do any of the following:
- To withdraw your consent for activities for which you have previously consented
- To request a copy of the information that we hold on you
- To request the deletion of information that we hold on you.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit to identify you. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide relevant information to you.
RIA’s Data Protection Officer is Gaynor Pates (email@example.com).
Updated: 21 July 2022