7 March 2022
RIA has published Five Tests for Great British Railways, highlighting the key areas which the new organisation will need to focus on to ensure the restructure is a success.
The Five Tests include:
- No hiatus in current work: More than 70% of Network Rail's spend is with the private sector - and there cannot be a pause in this work;
- Transparency: Be clear and transparent with rail suppliers, to allow them to deliver;
- Partnership: Be an open and accessible client, and partner with the private sector for the best results;
- Productivity: Ensure the rail industry is able to thrive - financial sustainability will ensure rail delivers for UK plc; and
- Ambition: Leave a positive legacy, including in safety, decarbonisation, exports and the economy.