RIA welcomes Andrew Haines OBE to new role as Network Rail Chief Executive; Haines confirmed as a keynote speaker at RIA’s Annual Conference on 22 October
14 August 2018
The Railway Industry Association (RIA) has welcomed Network Rail’s new Chief Executive Andrew Haines, who takes up the role today.
Haines has also confirmed that he will be a keynote speaker – alongside Transport Secretary Chris Grayling, Shadow Transport Secretary, Andy McDonald, and National Infrastructure Commission Chair Sir John Armitt – at RIA’s Annual Conference on Monday 22 October 2018.
Darren Caplan, Chief Executive of the Railway Industry Association, said:
“The Railway Industry Association would like to welcome Andrew Haines to his new role today, as Network Rail’s Chief Executive. Despite the many challenges, it is an exciting time for the rail industry and we look forward to working with him and his team to ensure we continue to maintain, build and enhance the UK’s national rail network.
“We are also pleased to announce that Andrew has just confirmed he will be a keynote speaker at the RIA Annual Conference on 22 October, joining a very strong line-up of key rail players. This will be one of the first opportunities for the rail industry to hear the new Network Rail head’s aims and priorities – so I’m sure there will be many rail suppliers, industry stakeholders and media in the audience listening intently to what he has to say!”.
Notes to Editors
- The RIA Annual Conference will take place on Monday 22 October at the London Landmark Hotel. Andrew Haines will be speaking at 5pm. For more information about the Conference please click here.
- For press passes, please contact Max Sugarman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- About RIA: The Railway Industry Association (RIA) is the representative body for UK-based suppliers to the UK and world-wide railways. It has more than 200 companies in membership in a sector that contributes £36 billion in economic growth and £11 billion in tax revenue each year, as well as employing 600,000 people—more than the workforce of Birmingham. It is also a growing industry with the number of rail journeys expected to double over the next 25 years and freight set to grow significantly too. RIA’s membership is active across the whole of railway supply, covering a diverse range of products and services and including both multi-national companies and SMEs (60% by number). RIA works to promote the importance of the rail system to UK plc, to help export UK expertise around the globe and to share best practice and innovation across the industry.
- Confirmed speakers for the RIA Conference includes:
- Transport Secretary Chris Grayling MP
- Shadow Transport Secretary Andy McDonald MP
- Network Rail Chief Executive Andrew Haines OBE
- National Infrastructure Commission Chair Sir John Armitt
- Crossrail and incoming HS2 Chairman Sir Terry Morgan
- HS2 Ltd Chief Executive Mark Thurston
- Transport for the North Chief Executive Barry White
- Transport for Wales Chief Executive James Price
- Siemens Mobility Chief Executive and RSG Chairman Gordon Wakeford
- Balfour Beatty Rail Managing Director Mark Bullock
- Porterbrook Chief Executive Mary Grant
- Women in Rail Chair Adeline Ginn
- BEIS Deputy Director, Industrial Strategy Shamit Gaiger
- Movement Strategies Managing Director and RIA SME Group Chair Simon Babes
- Rail Freight Group Executive Director Maggie Simpson
- Transport Times Chief Executive David Begg (moderator)
- And more to be announced!