Deadline: 20 June 2022
The Railway Industry Association (RIA) is seeking a colleague to join the Marketing & Events team based at its office in Westminster. The Marketing & Events Manager will work towards growing and enhancing the Marketing & Events function by leading on certain allocated projects and supporting the Marketing & Events Director’s role with several responsibilities.
Who are we?
The Railway Industry Association (RIA) is the voice of the UK rail supply community. We help to grow a sustainable, high-performing, railway supply industry, and to export UK rail expertise and products. RIA has 300+ companies in membership in a sector that contributes £43 billion in economic growth and £14 billion in tax revenue each year, as well as employing 710,000 people. RIA’s membership is active across the whole of railway supply, covering a diverse range of products and services and including both multi-national companies and SMEs (60% by number)
As part of our offer, we deliver a full programme of events and information to support our members and help to grow the sector, which is vital to the UK economy.
• Support the planning, coordination and execution of RIA’s main flagship events (RIA Annual Conference in November, RIA Innovation Conference in April and RIA Gala dinner in July);
• Updating and promoting RIA’s overall events offering and calendar and ensuring clash avoidance with the national rail industry calendar.
• Support with event delegates, speakers, trackers, registrations, resources and venues – focused on joint and flagship events.
• Produce and deliver events and information services, including weekly emails (Conference newsletters & Events email) and website updates, on time, to member expectations, through effective teamwork;
• Lead on the Meet the Buyer events (3 per year minimum), securing buyers, setting up suppliers forms, website, executing the full process and supervision on the day;
• Ensuring events’ staff meetings and wash-ups, to enable pre-event coordination and lessons to be learnt and applied in future events.
• RIA members’ Directory: Manage the timelines and coordination with Membership & Admin team to get the Directory launched in time.
• Manage RIA’s participation in external events (set up and staff the stand, make sure relevant promotional material is shipped and network with members and potential members);
• Help promote RIA’s brand and values, both to external audiences – members and the full range of, stakeholders – and the internal team (making sure everyone is following the guidelines)
• Support in the marketing campaigns/communications ensuring they are delivered in support of growing RIA’s income and influence
• Ensuring RIA’s house-styles are up-to-date, coherent, and consistently applied by the team.
• Lead on partnership with external events, discounts for members, etc. Update events email with this info.
• Create/update design collaterals for promotional purposes
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
• Relevant experience in event production;
• High level of organisational skills required to set up and organise meetings, events and campaigning initiatives;
• The ability to liaise with senior industry stakeholders;
• Good inter-personal and written communication skills;
• The ability to work effectively in and across a small, collaborative team;
• A good understanding of the event production’s rush and needs;
• The ability to represent RIA at external events;
• Excel and power point savvy;
• Social media campaign and analytics experience desired;
• Experience with Mailchimp and CRM systems is a plus;
• Experience using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator is a plus.
The ideal candidate would have most of the following qualities:
• Proactive and self-motivated;
• Great attention to detail;
• Very organised;
• Likes going the extra mile;
• Team player;
• Enjoys the event adrenaline;
• Flexible with time – specially close to an event.
Why join RIA?
• Competitive pay and performance bonus;
• Private health cover;
• Group Life Assurance cover;
• Ability to buy/sell holidays;
• Season ticket loan, including contribution of a third od the season ticket cost;
• Great opportunities to grow professionally;
• New offices in the heart of Westminster;
• Fun socials;
• You’ll be part of a diverse, fun and amazing team!
This is a predominantly in-person role. Whilst there is some limited remote-working available, at least 70% of your time will be either working with the team or visiting members, venues and stakeholders. There will also be some travel and overnight stays associated with this role.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnership.
If you are interested in applying, please contact Katherine Anchorena, with your CV and a covering letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your covering letter, you should clearly explain why you are a good fit for the role.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20 June 2022.