Rail SPEED event with Eastern Region
Friday 08 July 2022, 10:00 – 12:00
The Railway Industry Association (RIA) is proud to support the Rail Project SPEED initiative through a new event, this time covering the Eastern region.
Rail Project SPEED (Swift, Pragmatic and Efficient Enhancement Delivery) is an initiative jointly developed by Department for Transport and Network Rail, to drive rail infrastructure projects deliver faster, smarter and more efficient delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Cavendish Elithorn, Director, Rail Infrastructure Central, Department for Transport
- Rob MacIntosh, Route Managing Director, Network Rail
- Robert Cairns, Capital Delivery Director, Network Rail
- Paul McKeown, Investment Director, Network Rail
- Nikki Walsh, Head of Asset Management Strategy, Network Rail
What is Rail SPEED?
SPEED’s mission is to “halve the time and reduce the cost” of delivering improvements to the railway, safely. In doing so it will make the rail industry more agile and dynamic, help us put passengers first and deliver better value for taxpayers.
SPEED is empowering all of us in rail to be revolutionary in our thinking - to challenge how we do things and ask, how could we do this better? To be successful and to demonstrate we are a dependable industry that is efficient and easy to engage with requires everyone to apply a different mindset, skillset and toolset. Different Rail Project SPEED events have been held looking at the initiative.
These have included sessions on access and possessions, procurement, interoperability, PACE and timetabling. If you would like to watch previous event recordings, you can find them on our YouTube channel.
About RIA Midlands and Eastern
As part of RIA’s UK Nations and Regions offer, in addition to our existing national offer RIA Members in Midlands and Eastern area will be able to draw on RIA resources, including lobbying, intelligence, events, networking and meetings, focused in Midlands and Eastern. This activity will be informed and prioritised by a new leadership group of Midlands and Eastern RIA Members.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Sign in or create a new account
- Click on the Register Myself button
- Add your guests. Please include full name, organisation, and contact details
- Click on the Proceed to checkout button (You may need to scroll down)
- Review your details and click on Submit order
IMPORTANT: If you have not received your confirmation email within 10 minutes, please check that you have completed the registration process or contact our events team.
General Event Terms and Conditions, including information about data processing.